Friday, April 20, 2007

Written by My Husband: Celebrating Life

Hello everyone,

My dear husband recently wrote to document a recent event in his life to give praise to God. I pray you enjoy reading as he shares today and hoping he'll share with us many more times. hint hint ;-)

CELEBRATING LIFE
I just recently received a marvelous blessing. I went to the doctor for a routine physical because my brother had heart by pass surgery and because there is a strong history of heart disease in my family, plus my wife encouraged me to go and get checked. I have always been healthy and denied that I could have any health issues. Well, after a stress test and an angiogram, I found out that one of my coronary arteries was 99% blocked. What could have turned out to be a massive heart attack only days away, was an intervention by God, just for me.

It just overwhelms me to reflect on how much God loves me. Jesus died on the cross for me and He rose again so I might have everlasting life. What amazing grace !

In John 11:25, Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die".

I am so thankful for God’s grace and mercy and His promise in Jeremiah 29:11 came alive for me.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".

The Gpa @ Grandparents Corner

14 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, sweet blessings to you always. I am so glad that you are doing well.

1 said...

Glad to see everything is okay... I love you guys ;)

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Lovely testimony. So sweet of you to share it with us. Thanks.

Thanks for visiting me yesterday and do come back. Please feel free to post "Directions to my Father's House" on your blog. No, I did not write it, but was sent to me via email a while ago.

Greetings

Believer said...

God is an on-time God! I'm so happy to see you're a man of wisdom and heeded the Lord's nudging through your wife. ;)

His hand is not too short to save!

Jeremiah 29:11 was the very first scripture I read and had digested after making a life commitment to be His. You could say it is my "life's verse." A scripture resonates for me, and keeps me keeping on.

Thanks for sharing. We hope to hear more from you in the future.

God's blessings are abundant!

eph2810 said...

Thank you for sharing God's blessings with us. May our Lord continue to give you His peace.

Blessings to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blessing indeed. So glad you are okay. I am in the middle of determining some health issues of my own and am very familiar with the denial since I am still in it. Your testimony is inspiring, thank you for sharing it.

Lynne said...

This is a great testimony. Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my blog and voting for our photo in Karen's contest!

Halfmoon Girl said...

That is one of my favorite verses. Thank you for sharing.

KelseyChristine said...

Nice to hear from you "Grandpa"!

I'm glad that you are okay :)

Unknown said...

Such sweet praises to our God. He is so good...all the time! Thank you for sharing this miracle!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Wonderful that you received a good report...Have a blessed week!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Wonderful you have received a good report. Much blessings to you.

In his endless love,

Angel ( D.)

Anonymous said...

So happy you found out before something awful happened! God is sooooo Good!!!!

Bonnie, letting you know I will be back to visit. Have alot going on. Keep us in prayer! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

jer. 29:11 is one of my favorite verses. even when the news isn't as wonderful as yours, it keeps me grounded knowing God does have a plan for me... even though i may not feel like it's a plan to prosper me at the time, i know God is good and has me in His hand.

thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. i'm glad i could make you smile during last week's tragedy.