Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thankful Thursday


And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:17


There are many reasons I'm thankful. Let me share a few...

* my personal relationship with Jesus Christ

* God's mercy and grace

* answered prayers

* a husband who is a blessing to me every day

* for the blessing of several days of rain needed so badly

* for the positive check-up my husband had at the Cardiologist

* long phone conversations with my son

* my hubby, children, grandchildren, and all my family

* I'm thankful to God for loving me through my weaknesses

* To Lori at Heaven Graphics for creating a free Virginia Tech Memorial Graphic for each of us to use.

Would you like to share your thankfulness this week, or view other thankful posts? Visit Iris at Sting My Heart to get started.

I sing Glory to His name, for His name is great, and greatly to be praised!



  • May I ask you to continue to pray for our niece's baby girl who was born last week and is still in the NIC unit. Her little blessing is having problems eating so is being tube fed and when she reaches 11 pounds, they will do heart surgery.
    Thank you for remembering her.

  • Remembering the families of victims who died, those who are injured, plus all of the students and staff of Virginia Tech.

  • Last but not least, our military serving throughout the world.
  • 13 comments:

    Denise said...

    I always enjoy your thankful list, will be keeping your prayer requests in my prayers.

    Crystal said...

    Great list of thankfuls...your prayer request in on my list...thanks for encouraging my children.
    Blessings

    Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

    Wonderful list of thankfuls and I'm still praying for your niece's baby!

    Blessings~

    Anonymous said...

    Isn't it amazing that all we have to do is look around us ... there is so much to be thankful for.
    God Bless

    Nise' said...

    Thanks for sharing your list today! I am so thankful for cell phones to be able to talk with my daughter long distance for free!

    eph2810 said...

    I believe that prayer is our most powerful tool.
    Awesome news about your husband--health is a precious thing.

    Thank you for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

    Blessings to you and yours...

    PS: Praying for your niece's baby, victim's families and military.

    Unknown said...

    I'm always so blessed when I come here. I will be praying for your niece's baby.

    We don't have cable TV and only watch videos we borrow from the library so I don't see much about the heinous act at Va Tech. But I saw on Fox News website today about some of the things he said and did. If that's not under the influence of the enemy, I don't know what is.

    Bunches of blessings to you.

    Lori said...

    Thankyou for alerting me to the free graphics. And I enjoyed reading your list. Many Blessings.

    Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

    wonderful list!

    Believer said...

    "I'm thankful to God for loving me through my weaknesses."

    Let the weak say I am strong. Amen!

    Thanks for visiting. I added an Image Chef come see.

    Blessings for your words of encouragement and support in my gifting.

    Pearls of wisdom...a heavenly voice.
    http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/

    Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

    Family and good health!! WOW!! What blessings for us..Sandy

    Anonymous said...

    Thanks Gma!

    I'm thankful for the many wonderful "net" friends I've made.

    I'm thankful for my modest home that is filled with loving family.

    I'm thankful for the warm spring sun shining today that reminds me of God's unending love for us.

    Most of all today, I am thankful for my Mom, it is her birthday today!

    Believer said...

    You're linked too!

    Blesssings...